WIC Kate Muir Student Encouragement Award Year 2020
Introducing our Winner of the WIC Kate Muir Student Encouragement Award for 2020 – Alaina Lawson from Lake Gininderra College. Each year, WIC recognises the achievements of a young female secondary school student and awards them a financial contribution to assist with their tertiary studies in Information, Communications and Technology.
This year’s winner Alaina was nominated for being a dedicated student of Information Technology, where she is studying a double major in Robotics and Mechatronics and Data Science.
We congratulate Alaina on her Award and wish her the very best in her further education as an aspiring woman in ICT.
ABOUT THE AWARD
WIC is a Canberra based not-for-profit organisation bringing people together to champion women in Information and Communication. Our vision is to be the premier organisation for women in Information and Communication in Canberra. As part of this vision, WIC has set up the WIC Student Encouragement Award. The award will be presented at the WIC Award Evening on the 4th of November, 2020 at our Virtual Dinner Debate Evening.
Each year, WIC recognises the achievements of a young female secondary school student and awards them a financial contribution to assist with their tertiary studies in Information, Communications and Technology.
This Award is available to young women who:
- • are finishing year 12;
- • have undertaken studies in Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) or ICT related subjects; and
- • are intending to continue studying ICT or a related discipline at a University or other tertiary organization (eg Canberra Institute of Technology).
The criteria for nomination for this award are:
- • full name, age and address of student;
- • nomination and support by the student’s school or place of current study;
- • the student has achieved a high standard of grades in ICT-related subjects over the last 2 years of study;
- • the student has demonstrated good citizenship within or outside of the education environment; and,
- • the student intends to undertake further study in ICT-related disciplines.
If you meet the criteria, or you know someone who does, please complete the nomination form.
WIC will invite the nominated students to attend the event in person.
If you have any questions please contact: