WIC has released its first Annual Report for financial year 2022-23.
2022-23 was a year of building for WIC. As a committee and volunteer team we built our sponsor and membership base, increased our social media reach, and built our Work Experience Connection Program which kicked off with 16 Canberra high school students undertaking their work experience placements with IT companies supporting girls to choose IT as a career.
WIC held a suite of successful events throughout 2022-23 as a part of our Fostering Connections Program:
- 2022 Breakfast series – Taking Charge (6 breakfasts)
- Winter Warmer (4 Aug 2022)
- WIC Virtual Coffee Catch-up (June 29 2023)
- Gin launch (8 Feb 2023)
Due to covid restrictions in 2021, WIC held two Annual Dinner Debates in March 2022 and November 2022! This was a phenomenal effort by all involved and was reflected in the number of attendees across the events.
WIC had a number of proud moments through 2022-23 with some wonderful achievements including:
- The official launch of the Work Experience Connection Program (WEx) with our patron Alicia Payne at Parliament House in April 2023. The program is aimed at girls in high school years 9 – 12 looking for a future studying and working in ICT. The program placements commenced in July 2023.
- Launched our new government membership providing women working in government the opportunity to more easily access the benefits of the WIC community.
- Collaboration with Underground Spirits to create WIC gin celebrating women in IT professions with $20 of each bottle sold going towards WIC’s mission to advocate for women in tech.
- Increased our advocacy, including providing a response to the Federal Government’s request for submissions on the National Strategy to Achieve Gender Equality.
- Collaboration with Australian Computer Society to provide discounted virtual training places for WIC members.
- PR spreads in a number of local publications including Canberra Times, Canberra Weekly, HerCanberra and OutInCanberra.
- Growth in our:
- Overall revenue by 47%
- Sponsorship revenue by 26%
- Social media followers across platforms of 50%
To our wonderful Committee, our volunteers, members, sponsors and support crew thank you for your support, we couldn’t do it without you.